Number of Employees: < 10
Category: Marketing / Advertising / PR
Amount Sought: $500k - $1M
Timeline: Within 90 days
Investors: James Sherrett
AdHack is a web-based open marketplace for advertising creative. Anyone can create an ad. Anyone can buy an ad.
AdHack connects ad buyers and ad creators in a secure environment with strong feedback loops and simple, task-enabling tools.
By opening the ad creation process to participation we seek to create a new advertising creative value chain.
AdHack acts as the broker between ad creators and ad buyers with the AdHack.com website acting as the facilitation point for that relationship.
For ad buyers, we sell 2 things:
- rights to ads created by AdHack members from the AdHack inventory.
- web-based software-as-a-service tools for companies to engage the AdHack community.
For ad creators, we offer:
- a source of income from their creative work
- a community of creative peers for collaboration, reviewing ads and group work
- an amplifying vehicle for self expression and product feedback
- an ability to build their reputation and portfolio
By brokering the relationship between ad buyers and ad creators, our revenue model scales according to the level of activity on AdHack, and in-line with the value we create for ad buyers and ad creators.
- A vibrant creative community of peer reviewers and collaborators making great ads.
- Tools that make it simple and easy to create, sell and manage ads:
- Rights management – ad creators manage their portfolio; ad buyers browse ads.
- Transaction management – ad purchase negotiations, agreements and fulfillment.
- AdHack ‘Cred’ reputation currency, similar to a seller’s rating on eBay.
- An experienced, connected team dedicated to creating a new advertising creative value chain.
James Sherrett, Founder & CEO
James led web marketing, content and development teams with Intrawest and Teligence prior to founding AdHack. He grew their e-commerce revenues from $2-million to $40-million. From 2001 to 2003 he managed the largest web advertising budgets in Canada.
- Jim Southcott — Chief Strategic Officer, TBWA
- Keith Spencer — Fasken Martineau, Legal
- Lance Tracey — Peer 1, CEO
- Rich Simons — Proactive Strategies
- Pieter Dorsman — Redpeaks Consulting
- Sean Howe — ForwardLink Consulting
Entrepreneur Company Name
Vancouver, Canada Category
Marketing / Advertising / PR Amount Sought
$500k - $1M