- How do I create a fundfindr account?
- How do I edit my profile?
- How do I edit my pitch?
- Do I need a video pitch to take advantage of fundfindr?
- I don't have a video pitch, but I would like one. How do I get a video pitch?
- I have uploaded my pitch, but I cannot find it on the site, what's wrong?
- What are tags and how do I use them?
- I entered the wrong email address when creating my account, how do I change it and re-send the verification email?
- I have question that are not listed in the FAQ, where do I direct my questions?
- What is an RSS feed?
- How do I subscribe to an RSS feed?
How do I create a fundfindr account?
Creating a fundfindr account is easy, here are step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process:
- From the fundfindr.com homepage, click "Sign up" at the top-right of the screen.
- Choose what type of user you are (Entrepreneur, Investor, or Service Provider), enter your personal information, and click "Sign Up" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be sent a verification email to the email address that you provided when signing up. Check your inbox and click on the verification link contained in the email. You must verify your email before you will be able to upload a pitch.
- After confirming your email you will be met with a welcome video giving you some pointers on how to get started and outlining some of the features of the site. After watching the video notice the Headline "What now?" to the right of the welcome video.
- From here you can choose to complete your profile, upload a pitch, or just surf around.
- Click on "Complete your profile".
- From this screen you will be able to change your password, edit your information, and upload a logo. Add as much information as you can so that other users will get a clear idea of exactly what it is you are looking for. More information equals a higher rate of success! (Be sure to click "Update Profile" at the bottom of your screen after making any changes to ensure that they will be saved to your profile).
- Now you can upload your pitch, view other pitches, and interact with other users on the site. Don't be afraid to get involved, there are tons of resources available to you through our site and from other users like yourself. (For instructions on how to create and upload a pitch, see I don't have a video pitch, but I would like one. How do I get a video pitch?.)
How do I edit my profile?
Once you have created your fundfindr profile, you can edit your information by clicking on the "My fundfindr" tab at the top of the screen. Here you will see your profile picture, and underneath you will see "My profile: View | Edit". Click on Edit and you will be able to change your password, edit your profile information, or upload a logo. After making your changes, be sure to click "Update profile" at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
How do I edit my pitch?
After your pitch has been uploaded, go to the "My fundfindr" tab at the top of the screen. Under the "My videos" heading you will see a preview of your pitch video. Click on the picture of the pencil and paper beside your pitch. From here, you can edit your pitch information and change your privacy settings. Make sure to click update at the bottom of the screen after making any changes or they will not be saved.
Do I need a video pitch to take advantage of fundfindr?
No, fundfindr does not require you to use a video pitch to utilize our services. Even though a video pitch is the most effective way to get your message across, many people on our site currently don't have videos. You have the option to simply upload a company logo and enter as much information about your company (or self) as possible. A good example of this can be seen at http://www.fundfindr.com/profile/111.html.
I don't have a video pitch, but I would like one. How do I get a video pitch?
There are 3 different ways you can get yourself a pitch video:
- If you have a web cam you can record your pitch from home and then upload the video file to our site (for instructions on how to record a video using your web cam, see your web cam's instruction manual or help section). Once you have it finished, go under your "My fundfindr" tab while logged in and click "Upload your pitch", then follow the provided instructions. A good example of someone who has effectively used this method can be seen at http://www.fundfindr.com/pitch/c2313a562076992e50aa.html
- You can also record your pitch directly to our site using our video capture application. More on this later...
- If you do not have a web cam and are in the Vancouver area, you can catch us at one of our "Pitch-a-thons". At these events users can come into our office and have their pitches recorded with the support of our professional film crew.
I have uploaded my pitch, but I cannot find it on the site, what's wrong?
If you have uploaded your pitch and you can.t seem to locate it on our site, there could be one of a few things to look for:
- When you uploaded your pitch, you may have forgotten to add tags to it. To add tags to your video see What are tags and how do I use them?
- Your pitch may be set to private. When you upload a pitch, you can choose to have it viewable by everyone, or viewable only to your connections. To change this, go to your "My fundfindr" tab, under "My Videos" click on the picture of the pencil and paper beside your pitch information. Here you can edit all of your pitch information, including your privacy settings. Beside "Privacy" there is a drop-down menu, if you want your pitch to be viewable on the site, select "This pitch may be viewed by anyone". If this option is not selected, only your connections will be able to view your pitch (be sure to click the update button at the bottom after making any changes to your pitch information or else the changes will not be saved).
What are tags and how do I use them?
If you can't think of tags to add, here is an example: If your video is about a new cell phone technology, you may want to add the tags "Cellular, Phone, Mobile, Technology, Software, etc".
I entered the wrong email address when creating my account, how do I change it and re-send the verification email?
If you entered the wrong address when creating your account, don't worry. You can still access your profile even though your email has not been verified, you just can't upload your pitch. To correct the email address, log in to your account and click on the "My fundfindr" tab. Underneath your profile picture you will see "My profile: View | Edit". Click on edit and you will be able to edit all of your profile information. Enter your new email and click on "Update profile", a new confirmation email will automatically be sent to the address you just entered.
I have question that are not listed in the FAQ, where do I direct my questions?
If you have a problem that is not listed in the FAQ, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be answered in a timely manner. We encourage these kinds of questions so that they may be added to the FAQ to help other users who may have the same question, or to initiate changes in the site to make things easier for our users. If something confuses you, it likely confuses others as well.
What is an RSS feed?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is news feeder software that allows you to receive information of your choice constantly updated and sent to you through a feeder. For example, we currently offer feeds for newest pitches, most viewed pitches, most commented pitches and our .tv (news,advice) feed. Our intent is to build many more feeds by customized sector, e.g. new media, biotech, gaming and by location, investment level and so on.
How do I subscribe to an RSS feed?
The two ways we recommend are:
- Set up a blog aggregator like www.netvibes.com where you can simply right click on the feed icon, click "Copy Link Location" and then paste it to the "Add Content" field on your reader or
- Subscribe via bookmarking it to a folder in your e-mail or Firefox's "Live Bookmarks" feature. We like the first method for better visibility.